You are here
About the PTSA
Robinson’s Parent Teacher Student Association is You!
- Parents, teachers, students and administrators who collectively provide our children with the best possible education in a safe and supportive learning environment.
- State funding for Manhattan Beach students has decreased throughout the last decade by nearly $1,000. Robinson PTSA helps close the gap by providing our school with the funds to support programs, teaching and classroom supplies, technological and capital improvements. PTSA funds are used to pay for site-specific “things” at our school whereas funds raised through MBEF are used to pay for “people” – faculty and staff – throughout our district5
- Join our general PTSA meetings throughout the year: September 22, 2016; January 26, 2017; and April 26, 2017. Watch the Tuesday Tide or calendar for meeting dates and locations.
How Do I Join?
- Become a Robinson PTSA member – Join now for $20 today. We pride ourselves in reaching 100% participation in the PTSA among all school families at Robinson Elementary.
- The PTSA allocates about $650 per student, so please consider making a donation to the PTSA Annual Appeal. Please consider making a fully tax-deductible gift of $225/student.
How Are PTSA Funds Allocated?
- All funds raised by the PTSA through the Annual Membership Appeal and other PTSA fundraisers are dedicated exclusively to Robinson Elementary.
Your Donation Dollars at Work
$200,000 annual budget raised each year through Annual Membership Drive and fundraising events.
Who is the Executive Board?
- The Executive Board is comprised of Robinson parents who are elected to serve a two-year term. The nomination process for the selection of the Board begins in February. If you are interested in joining, please contact the Parliamentarian.